Monday 5 September 2011

British Waxed Canvas now in store

Minus messenger bag in British waxed canvas





I'm so excited and proud to be able to introduce a beautiful waxed canvas fabric to my store. Why I'm so proud of it, is that it is Made in Great Britain. As you may or may not know, the British manufacturing industry has been in freefall with a steady decline since the early 80s. It feels like everything is now made overseas and usually to a cheaper and inferior quality.

I feel saddened that so much has gone, never to return, but at least British waxed canvas still has a world leader. The waxed canvas that I use and hope to expand, is made in Great Britain by a family owned and run business. They've been in the waxed canvas industry for many family generations and truly are experts in their field.

Waxed canvas is so perfect and very versatile. It is naturally water resistant and fully breathable, and most important extremely eco friendly and made from 100% cotton. Easy to clean and sooooo durable, the more you use it the better it seems to get.

You can see the waxed canvas messenger in my shop for a closer look.


 

No comments: