Saturday 27 August 2011

Metronomy - The discovery



Metronomy first came to my attention on the fantastic live music show 'Later with Jools Holland' back in May this year. They seemed to grab my attention as soon as they started to perform 'The Look' and I was really impressed by their fresh minimal sound.

I just love everything about it. The video is perfect - minimal, and they have such a strong individual character, very different from many artists nowadays.

See what you think of them. I can't recommend them highly enough.

2 comments:

Claire Ishino said...

Thanks for sharing! I like them! It's nice to be able to hear the individual instruments and voices! And this is useful for my new musical collage project! cheers (*o*)/

Minus said...

Hi Claire,

Yeah, as soon as I saw them their performance on Jools Holland really stood out for me.

I recently read that they are also nominated for the barclaycard mercury prize 2011. I'm pretty sure they will win. At least, I hope they do.